If your client is at least 18 years of age and has a strong desire to change his/her lifestyle, then they have met the two basic requirements of being accepted into First Step Outreach Program.
The first step is to call us at 940-908-STEP (7837). Our admission staff can answer your client’s questions about the program, tell them about admission requirements, but most of all listen.
Based on their will, their desire to change and their ability to meet the admission requirements, they can be accepted for admission by phone.
- Be physically able to participate in all aspects of the counseling program.
- Any prior medical problems that might impede full participation in the program must be accompanied by a medical release from a licensed physicians.
- Be mentally competent to fully participate in the program.
- Demonstrate a personal acknowledgement of a chemical dependency problem and demonstrate a desire to achieve a chemical-free lifestyle.
- When applicable be capable of obtaining a GED prior to First Step Certification.
- Be detoxed and able to participate fully in the program upon acceptance.
- Be prompt for the interview appointment and not be under the influence of mind altering chemicals, or alcohol.
- Must have personal matters taken care of prior to being admitted to the program.
- Be willing to adhere to all the rules and guidelines of the First Step Program, or face termination of our services.
- Be willing to submit to random UA’s
- Be able to interact in a positive manner with all races, colors and creeds.
- Must not have been convicted of violent offenses, sexual offenses or arson.
- Any client currently taking prescribed psychotropic medication and undergoing treatment for-or suspected of suicidal and/or homicidal tendencies, will not be accepted into the program.