The program goal is to focus on individuals who have a substance abuse dependency, which have resulted in negative consequences in their life cycle. This program will enhance the client’s ability to develop a relapse prevention plan and lifestyle change.
Q. You ask what is IOP at First Step Denton County Outreach?
A. IOP at First Step Denton County is a program that includes (36) group counseling sessions and (12) individual (one-on-one) counseling sessions.
Q. What will you cover during the 36 group and 12 individual sessions?
A. The twelve (42) group sessions and (12) individuals will cover the following Topics:
- Intake/Individual Session: Chemical Dependency Assessment
- Disease and Addiction
- Critical Thinking Errors
- Individual Session: Goodbye Letter to Addiction
- Stress and Time Management
- Alcohol, Drugs and Medical Consequences
- Family System/Dynamics
- Individual Session: Processing Relapse Prevention
- Hierarchy of Needs
- Conflict Resolution
- Long Term Goals Related to Recovery
- Individual Session: Discharge Planning / Community Resource